Friday 26 April 2013

Exam Fever!!!!!


There comes a time in our lives as a student that forces us to drop the anchor on all other activities, and on the other hand, we do not want to drop it. Even though it is only for a temporary time but hey, who wants to spend those never ending days of solitary confinement, or better yet being grounded for a few weeks as it turns out to be in cases where parents do what they believe is the right thing for their kids.


On that note I will stop beating about the bush and come straight to the main point which is “Final Exams”. So what do we have on the menu? 9th Grade, Matric, O’Levels and A Levels and Miscellaneous items (I mean those who are in lower grades) while the University students qualify to be above all that. In fact, for university students, these horrid exams all a mere walk in a park (something that they still don’t like). As a university student myself, I apologize for being biased which I did not mean to be but to be honest, after having given so many examinations I am seriously tired now and thankfully this May will be my last paper in university hopefully.  

Now I may not be guru by any stretch of imagination but I feel like giving out a few tips to all you out there who have the whole Atlantic Ocean to cover, apart from that you may also have to dive into the Google Ocean to clear different concepts that are definitely going to come in the paper (by the way I would rarely love to see your faces if they do not come).
Here is how it should work out

Take It Easy:
When you sit at your desk, take deep breaths and calm down, this is just an exam paper; you will not be jailed or sentenced to any worse punishment if you do not deliver up to the expectations. Believe in yourself and always feel confident no matter what. Remember that no matter what is the time given for the paper, you have to complete that. You have to make sure that you stay there till the end. No wonder that the best batsmen in the world win games, especially in 50 over matches by going till the end. They take things as they come to them (don’t rush), everything will unfold. Answers to questions will come to your mind, just keep it calm and cool, just like our beloved Misbah or Dhoni.

Easy Pickings First:
Like they say in cricket, “Easy Pickings for the batsman”, which means that it’s all being to easy for him. With that in mind when you are attempting a paper, get rid of the easy questions first. This saves your time and you get off to a confident start, feeling good about securing as many marks as those questions can cumulatively give you.  As a student, I always enjoyed doing the short Q & A, MCQs, True and False, they were always my favourite and hence I advise you to do the same if you feel like it.


Tough Blows First Up:
On the contrary you can choose to “Be a Man” and take those tough questions on. This means that you want to get rid of the tough ones first no matter how good or bad you do them. Plus time factor is also a vital element here. You need to allocate time in such a way that once you are done with them you need to have ample time to take care of the easy ones too. I personally also have done this and again I always completed my time, I never used to get up before the time was up. I was never bothered about going out of the hall just to catch a few of my mates there already and start discussing the paper. You have plenty of time to discuss the paper once you complete your time in the hall.

As they come along:
Don’t like to mess with the paper pattern? You feel like you are not comfortable with doing what yu feel like doing? Then you may want to go with the flow. In order to do that, you either have to be a “Dexter: Boy Genius” or you are ready to face what ever is thrown at you. After all its all a part of the syllabus isn’t it? Even if there comes a question that you find difficult to answer, the best way to del with it is to leave it for the end or start writing whatever comes to mind about it. Be careful what you write, because ultimately you are accountable for your answer.


Although I personally have done all three steps but I personally liked the 1st one. At the end of the day, its all about doing the best you can according to how your brain works at that time. I have been through that Hell myself, in school, college and now in university and I safely say that for me, exams are no biggie at all now. Stay smart, don’t overdo stuff, just take it as a serious fun kind of an experience that will never come in your life again. So just enjoy it and I pray for your success in not only these exams but all other obstacles that you will face when you grow older.  

No comments:

Post a Comment